Popular Posts

Monday, April 15, 2019

Restaurant Review: My Taste Buds Still Have to Adjust to the Malay Food Offerings of Roti Shop

Beef rendang - my favorite! But this one's really spicy!

Laksa! Another favorite of mine!  Again, this is also spicy!

What's left of the Hainanese chicken, lol! This one was yummy!

Milo Dinosaur! My favorite!
We were in Rockwell Makati yesterday and I was surprised by the large number of people in the mall.  Anyway, for lunch, I decided to treat Mama and Dylan to the Roti Shop, since it was very near the CR and I did not want Mama to walk far anymore.  

I like the ambiance of the resto - very cozy and it's nice that you can see people walk by.

I decided on our old favorites - laksa, roasted Hainanese chicken and beef rendang.  For drinks, I always order Coke regular and this time, I also asked for my favorite - Milo Dinosaur.

This is our first time to eat here since we rarely go to Rockwell but we are familiar with Malay food which is slowly becoming popular here in Manila.

Dylan easily finished his roasted Hainanese chicken.  He ingested the hot sauce though - I think it was the orange one - and he panicked since he is not familiar with spicy sauces.  I told him to just dip his for first on the sauces and taste it one by one - because we are not sure how they taste.  E bata kasi - kaya yan, he drank a lot of cold water to stave off the spicy taste - and I promptly told him that the cold water is making matters worse!

The beef rendang was also spicy but the beef was tender which is a plus.  The laksa, again spicy, so Mama, who is not really into spicy food, just made tikim.  I had to eat both though and kulang sa linamnam. I guess my Pinoy taste buds have gotten on the way again.  

I don't think it would be a good thing to 'Filipinize' the flavor though because I saw that they had a sizable expat fan base.

Anyway, if I do visit again, I'd like to try their other dishes like the nasi lemak and the seafood laksa!

No comments:

Post a Comment