Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Notre Dame: Its Flying Buttresses and Gargoyles



I put together two photos of the the Notre Dame and the burning church. Looks like it was the roof that was burned and the interior.
The flying buttresses and hopefully, the gargoyles are safe.
I just hope the steps towards the gargoyles are still passable. I remember it was just stone so I hope it is still there.
The gargoyles are the most fun to see! I am not sure though if they still allow people to go up because none of the recent pics of friends who went there have pictures of the gargoyles.
Most of the pictures of my friends here are from the front but for me, the most spectacular view of Notre Dame is actually this one, its flying buttresses - which you can see if you cross to the island beside Ile de la Cite.
It is my most favorite part of Paris, my secret tambayan when I'm bored with watching tennis. My dream house is actually in that island, and I go there to pretend I live there - even only if it's for an afternoon LOL
Of course, I learned later on that only the very wealthy can live on that island. Anyhow, it must have been a shock for the residents to see the grand church burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment