Popular Posts

Friday, July 5, 2019

My Picks for the 2019 Wimbledon Women's Title: Petra Kvitova


I am just happy to see Petra Kvitova back in the mix of things again. She's had a great year, getting into the finals in Melbourne, losing to Naomi Osaka.

She did not play in Paris so her lack of match play may be a problem. However, based on the head-to-head, she is the player to beat in her side of the draw.

She's now set to meet Polish player Magda Linette in the 3R. A tricky player but someone she should be able to beat on grass.

Johanna Konta may be her most tough opponent along with Barbora Strycova, Then in the semifinals, Serena or Ash Barty are looming while in the finals, Halep or Svitolina are the favorites.

This year's tournament is a good time for her to win Wimbledon title #3. I will be rooting for her since she's one of my favorites. I love how she uses her power in the court, and when she's on, she's breathtaking to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment