Popular Posts

Friday, July 5, 2019

My Picks for the 2019 Men's Wimbledon Title: Rafael Nadal


I am still relishing the amazing route Rafael Nadal had when he won his 12th Roland Garros title.
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes all the way here in SW19, because he's firing on all cylinders and that has been greatly helped by the draw that he is in.
Sam Querrey took care of Dominic Thiem in the 1R so the draw has opened up for the lower-ranked players.
He does have a favorite nemesis looming in the horizon, but Fabio Fognini has never been a factor in grass so I think Nadal should be able to handle him fine in this surface.
He handled Kyrgios deftly last night and meets Tsonga in the 3R. He may have to handle the Brit crowd if Daniel Evans reaches the 4R.
I am sure everyone is rooting for another Nadal-Federer rematch here, this time in the SFs.
I am sure Federer is aiming for that after that embarrassing drubbing in Paris. Revenge time for him.
Anyhow, if Nadal reaches the finals, Novak is the most likely opponent.

No comments:

Post a Comment