Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Movie Review: The Hustle Brings Two Funny Women On A Rollercoaster Con Ride




Another actress whose career I have supported since she was still in the Princess Diaries is Anne Hathaway. She practically grew up in front of our eyes.

Even early on, we knew she was going to be a star, and when she did that fantastic turn in the Jonathan Demme movie Rachel Getting Married, we knew an Oscar was not a farfetched idea.

And she did win one for Les Miserables. And then her career nosedived.

Anyway, I am just happy that she is back and I have forgotten how good an actress she is. Like Charlize Theron, she has impeccable comedic timing and I think she steals so many of the scenes in the movie The Hustle, from the real comedienne there - Rebel Wilson!

Well the movie is a gender backflip of the 80s movie Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I haven't seen that movie but this one is really outrageous.

This is a comedy though so even though these ladies are grifters, everything here is done for fun and for comedy. A good movie to watch this with would be The Grifters - that Annette Benning - Anjelica Huston classic of well, smart women con artists!

It's a good comedy and will make you forget your woes for a while. I love Anne's dresses her and that Alex Sharp is such a cutie! He's my new dream boy LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment