Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Movie Review: Cute and Heartwarming Dumplin'




I am not a fan of the Friends TV series but I am a big fan of their movie careers, including Jennifer Aniston. I checked her filmography and I have practically seen almost all her movies - and I mean I saw them in a movie theater - translation - I actually paid a movie ticket for it!
I love the fact that Jennifer wants to be taken as a serious actress and she did try her best in Cake and The Good Girl, where she got good notices from the critics.
In the movie Dumplin' which thankfully had some audience when it was shown here in Manila last week, she plays a beauty queen whose daughter is, well, not really beauty queen-like in terms of her physical assets.
It's a feel good movie for young girls who feel they have to do extreme stuff just to fit that mold of beauty that society dictates to them.
Dolly Parton is the central theme of the movie - and I enjoyed it a lot since I am a big Dolly Parton fan! She sings some of the songs used in the movie - and to top it all - there is a bevy of her impersonators who help the young girls in the movie, get that important make-over!
I read that the movie is in Netflix now. If you have a young daughter or niece, this movie is for her. The movie has a good moral lesson and a great realization in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment